Copy Director – meltmedia – Tempe, AZ
Meltmedia in Tempe, AZ
Who we are:
meltmedia is an award-winning agency specializing in digital marketing technology for the pharmaceutical industry. We have an impressive portfolio of leading national clients, and have been named the #1 web design agency, #1 mobile development firm, a top five software company, a best place to work, and an Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company in America. Since launching in 2000, we have achieved industry-leading client and employee retention rates and grown to over 70 full-time, in-house employees.
Who you are:
- A very experienced copywriting or content development leader with a background in either a traditional healthcare agency environment or pharmaceutical marketing team
- 7-10 years of experience as a copywriting or content development professional with increasing levels of responsibility
- Have held some combination of the following roles: copy chief, copy supervisor, creative director, content strategist, or senior copywriter in the pharmaceutical space
- Exhaustive pharma knowledge, which you use to coach your team on the proper handling of fair balance, claims, and inappropriate office jokes
- A hands-on pro who has faced every client situation and knows how to handle them
- Positive, energetic, and excited to make our customers successful
As an in-house copy director, you will be a leader in a cross-disciplinary creative practice, including content editors, creative directors, strategists, and visual and UX designers, working together to develop the content that powers amazing customer experiences. You will build and manage a crack team of copywriters and editors that create and adapt content for cross-channel pharmaceutical promotions, help clients meet their strategic goals, and track super-villains to their hidden island lairs and defeat them.
You are able to:
- Incorporate detailed brand strategy, market research, and market positioning information into content development
- Guide team members in the generation of new copy, as well as the adaptation of copy from existing materials
- Ensure that all work produced meets defined style guidelines (brand, AMA, etc.), character, and tone
- Mentor copywriters and editors in a way that is respectful and helps them grow as team members, but is still slightly condescending
- Help write copy as needed for the entire digital channel mix used in the promotion of pharmaceutical products, including websites, social media, banners, interactive ads, emails, visual aids, mobile, etc.
- Generate accurate estimates of time and resources for content projects
- Suffer humiliation at the hands of overzealous medical and regulatory reviewers without leaving visible scars (hidden emotional scars ok!)
- Provide guidance and oversight on best practices and standards for pharmaceutical and medical writing
You will have:
- Facility with both branded and unbranded communications
- Skill in writing for audiences of various types such as HCPs, patients, payers, advocates, and caregivers
- Thorough understanding of how to manage references and citations, review editorial markup, and communicate this to junior team members who don’t deserve your advice
- Extensive knowledge of pharma industry practices and processes
- Experience transforming complex concepts and data driven science into compelling marketing stories
- Extraordinary command of the English language and ability to type “Beta-2 microglobulin” without the use of spell check
- Comfortable representing the team in promotional review committee/medical legal reviews
- Ready to become an expert on your brands and the therapeutic areas they serve, as well as the brands’ opportunities, competitive landscape, and challenges
- Able to present the team’s work to both internal team members and external client and partner audiences
- Comfortable presenting ideas and capabilities in a pitch setting
- Committed to delivering excellent work on time and on budget, while consistently exceeding our clients’ expectations
- Willing and able to live and work in the Phoenix Valley
To apply for this job please click here.
Copy Director – meltmedia – Tempe, AZ
Meltmedia job in Tempe, AZ
You may also be interested in...