Senior Graphic Designer – Yandy – Phoenix, AZ
Glassdoor in Phoenix, AZ
Yandy needs a confident, creative, and proven collaborator who believes flexibility, adaptability, agility and creativity are the keys to success. The ideal Senior Designer for Yandy is flexible, versatile and can articulate the value of a concept or visual design to key stakeholders and team members with equal effectiveness.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer with experience in digital media, who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of how marketing campaigns work, and have critical thinking skills with strong design sensibilities. The ideal candidate can create polished design and layouts, while rolling with the shifting requirements of the eCommerce industry and stay organized throughout the process.
Are you committed to improving the customer brand experience? Can you look at a web page, email or look book and know exactly how to improve it for aesthetic appeal and user experience? Are you a puzzle solving, glass-half-full cheerleader for both the customer and your team? Are you comfortable speaking candidly and challenging assumptions with respect and grace? Are you constantly taking screenshots of inspiring campaigns and obsessed with staying on top of design trends? If you answered yes, Yandy might just be the perfect fit for you.
- A portfolio showing a wide range of clients and project types, particularly web/digital/email/social design, campaign concepting and production, and print experience.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Excellent ability to explain and support your thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills: your file naming is impeccable, your file structure immaculate
- A great attitude, ability to take criticism, willingness to learn; able to absorb and apply feedback quickly with a positive outlook.
- Strong knowledge of color, typography, design and graphic principles
- A passion for art, advertising, design, culture and trends
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver exceptional design work for their client projects.
- Become a key “voice” in client projects advocating for design and how it can be utilized
- Be able to develop strategies for clients in order to move them toward business goals
- Deadline driven, get it done mentality
- Be able to participate and help refine internal processes and services and offerings of the department
Essential Job Duties:
- Support the design and production of digital assets including online/mobile graphics, emails, static banner ads (animated motion graphics a plus!)
- Deliver assets on deadline and communicate any issues far in advance to allow for problem-solving without causing fire-drills
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, edgy, and bold concepts for marketing and branding projects with a keen eye for a simple, strong design
- Develop and execute creative concepts and designs that meet brand guidelines. Update brand guidelines as they evolve.
- Design and illustrate emails, page layouts, logos, and program assets across multiple touchpoints (print and digital) with a mobile-first approach.
- Create mood boards, storyboards and concept art for campaigns
- Create digital mock-ups and presentations as part of the MarComm team and effectively communicate to all stakeholders.
- Build look books, event promotional materials, media kits, packaging inserts, etc to enhance the customer journey and support PR needs.
- Working knowledge of print and digital production and optimizing final files for delivery
- Manage creative workflow and act as a liaison to the merchandising creative team. Build collaborative cross-department relationships that support the bottom line – increasing eCommerce sales.
- Confidently provide direction to other designers working on their projects, inspiring them, and upholding high standards of quality and brand guideline adherence. Manage any seasonal freelance design needs, providing assets and direction through to completion.
- Produce quarterly design trend reports in anticipation of upcoming seasonal promotions
- Support social media team with pop-culture driven creative and video graphic editing.
- Partner closely with all teams to identify problems and translate them into creative solutions that drive business metrics.
- Additional projects as assigned
- BFA / BA / BS
- 5+ years of experience as a designer in e-commerce industry or with an agency
- Strong communication skills and ability to stay on-task with projects through completion
- An online portfolio demonstrating your typography, design, and/or illustration skills
- Expert level skills in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe XD
- Video Production & Post Production – basic experience with Adobe Premiere. AfterEffects & Animate a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive – Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Working knowledge of project management and communication tools such as Slack, Trello, Basecamp, Quip, Asana
- Experience working with online CRM and email distribution tools such as Listrak, Bluecore, Mailchimp
- Familiarity working with development teams (front end web design knowledge a plus for communication)
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UX, concept development, brand development
- A start-up mentality
- A diverse and crazy-talented group of co-workers
- Professional development support
- Fast-paced environment without the drag of endless bureaucratic policies: present an idea, launch, and test within a week!
- Medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, free term group life and additional voluntary life insurance, 401(k) plan
- Open office floor plan to spur spontaneous collaboration: yes, you can Slack your team and project-mates, but we also feel free to chat about ideas and socialize across teams!
To apply for this job please click here.
Senior Graphic Designer – Yandy – Phoenix, AZ
Glassdoor job in Phoenix, AZ
You may also be interested in...