Media Technician – Adams 12 Five Star Schools – Northglenn, CO
Adams 12 Five Star Schools in Northglenn, CO
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
This job is posted as open until filled. However, applicants may not be considered after the minimum required posted timeline, after midnight on Tuesday, April 29, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Support for Instruction: students and staff
All patrons: Operate library software system. Circulate materials, place holds, process overdue materials, inter-library loans, communicate with students and parents, and maintain privacy and accuracy of patron records. Assist with the use of mobile devices, computer workstations, eReaders, computer software, mobile device applications, and web tools. Provide programming support and/or leadership as needed for: reading aloud to students, book fairs, author visits, library-related events, engaging displays of reading materials to create awareness of available print and digital resources and. training and supervision of student aides and volunteers. Provide leadership and guidance so that all patrons learn to effectively: access and use the online card catalog system, print and digital materials and the library space.
Students: Manage students in the library space and have knowledge of the school discipline policy.
Teachers and staff: Research and pull library?s print resources as requested. Assist students and staff in accessing print and digital materials. Engage with them in a way that helps them gain confidence in using the library resources and space.
2. Managing the Space, Collection and Library Technology: Manage library space and technology calendars for use of space/materials. Manage library technology, resolving issues as they arise. Perform clerical duties as needed.
Library collection: Copy catalog materials to the library collection. Receive and process new print materials. Shelve books. Weed sections of the collection with the assistance of the teacher librarian or District Library Services Coordinator. Create a friendly, clean, collaborative learning environment in the library media center. Fill teacher and student materials requests as needed, conducting research as necessary. Collaborate with teachers to assess resource needs, both print and digital, that support the curriculum, as needed. Work with an approved vendor to organize previews of resources for teaching staff as needed. Perform an annual library inventory with District resources as needed.
3. Library Software and Digital Resources: Set up policies, school calendar and rules in the software. Link digital resources through the online catalog and library management software. Run common and necessary reports. Facilitate password use for library resources (library management software, databases, ebooks) with students and staff. Troubleshoot library management software problems using AD12 support, library management software online and phone support.
4. Financial Management: Make thoughtful decisions about waiving or reducing student/staff fines and document in LMS. Work with the Office Manager to maintain accurate records. Place, track and coordinate library and digital literacy purchases, including, but not limited to books, ebooks, and supplies for the library, as needed, with guidance from the Teacher Librarian, Office Manager and Principal. Resolve discrepancies with vendors. Create and submit financial reports (p-cards and book fairs) with the office manager, as needed. Communicate with vendors, staff members and principal for new book purchasing.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned including participating in trainings and meetings offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignments.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Associate?s degree or two years of college courses (48 hours or more) preferred.
? Minimum of 2 years of experience in a library, school or office setting.
? Experience working with children required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-hire post-offer physical examination.
? Responsible for supervising the behavior and well-being of students in the library
? Responsible for assisting with interviewing, hiring and training volunteers or student aides; assisting with planning, assigning and directing work; and assisting with addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
? Responsible for monitoring library budget, as needed.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
To apply for this job please click here.
Media Technician – Adams 12 Five Star Schools – Northglenn, CO
Adams 12 Five Star Schools job in Northglenn, CO
You may also be interested in...