Director, Design Strategy & Experience – C Space – Boston, MA
C Space in Boston, MA
Elevate your stature in the field, as exposure to executive stakeholders at major brands is the foundation of a solid network. Build a new revenue stream for a major agency by articulating the future of UX at a strategic and tactical level is both valuable experience as well as a major differentiator. Make a name for yourself by driving and sharing the future of our craft; discover new ways to help user need meet business goal as technology and culture continue to evolve.
Ultimately, this role will develop your skills as a leader and a practitioner. You will nurture a great team, guide major brands with new thinking, and take this job where you want it to go. We’re looking for a fearless big thinker willing to help define the future of digital experiences above and beyond the screen.
Who You Are
You’re a collaborative trailblazer with a passion for making brands and businesses more human by enhancing their end-to-end customer experience. You have experience applying CX, human centered design, and behavior-based research methodologies to inform strategy and service solutions.
You are naturally curious, creative, analytical, energetic and are comfortable creating, executing and analyzing results from both quantitative and qualitative approaches to inform customer experience and design. You consult with clients related to their business challenges and are proactive and creative in your approach to guide their most important decisions. You can tell a story or draw a picture that helps sell in your thinking and persuade people to take action.
You have excellent business writing and oral communication skills, take initiative, and manage and inspire teams. You work best in a collaborative work environment that is focused on excellence and continuous improvement. You enjoy teaching, coaching, and sharing with others. Most importantly, you are looking to make a difference every day at a growing, dynamic company – which means you are comfortable with ambiguity and can flex accordingly.
Finally, you’ve got a magnetic personality. You are brave, eager to share your informed POV, and prefer to innovate vs. follow traditional, prescribed approaches to solving problems. You’re probably a little bit weird. Your enthusiasm is inspiring and contagious. You ask ‘how can we make this even better?” – and you make ‘better’ happen.
What You’ll Do
- Lead multidisciplinary team of designers to create best in class concepts across all the parts of the design lifecycle; research, exploration, detailed design, and validation
- Conduct research to identify problems and opportunities with new and existing digital touch points, including wearables, voice UI, web, and mobile, and design solutions for them
- Articulate your vision using a number of design tools, such as prototypes, journey/service maps, sketches, wireframes, ensuring that the recommendations are technically feasible
- Provide thought leadership to clients ranging from recommendations on what to build or fix, to providing big ideas on where to go next, to familiarity with design ops, to managing team and client expectations
- Partner with Data + Analytics, Customer Experience, Insights, and brand-building partners to deliver multidisciplinary customer experience solutions
- Help predict the future of digital for major brands, by tracking trends and understanding tech Create strategic point of views + directive recommendations for clients, considering cultural, category, company, and customer truths unlocked via both primary and secondary insights
- Assist in the development of proprietary digital experience tools and techniques that differentiate the C Space value proposition, drive efficiencies, and amplify impact for clients
- Foster existing client relationships, including retention and expansion efforts
- Facilitate client meetings, manage client and team expectations
- Support business development; work with Sales partners to identify and develop new client relationships and expand relationships within existing client organizations; categories to super-serve include Healthcare, Financial Services, Media + Technology
- Contribute to the entrepreneurial culture of DX team, including sharing direct and ongoing feedback regarding opportunities to elevate our offer
- Travel as needed to support client relationships and project objectives (mostly domestic, though some international)
Desired Skills/Qualifications – Design Strategy
- 9+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility in strategic digital and customer experience design with a background, cross-category, and/or healthcare, financial services, media, and technology
- Collaborative: Strong collaboration, consulting and client management skills with a keen attention to detail and ability to think creatively
- Thought Leader: The ability to surface insights, and provide a strong point-of-view (even when lackinginputs) to inform customer experience, build customer journeys, and define roadmaps
- Curious and knowledgeable: you’re intrigued by possibilities, people, and how businesses work on the inside, and fascinated by emerging technologies, the cultural change it drives, and how it impacts digital design
- Communicative: Manage expectations with aplomb, take initiative when things are ill defined, and guide other designers
- Synthesizer and storyteller: An ability to synthesize inputs from users, clients, colleagues, as well as research, and then tell a story through wireframes, flows, and storyboards
- Left and Right Brained: familiar with multiple qualitative and quantitative research
- Curious: Fascination by emerging technologies, the cultural change it drives, and how it impacts users and brands
- A builder: able to prototype or create videos to tell a story
- Engaging business writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills, including ability to identify patterns in data (and articulate them simply)
- Proven project management and time management skills
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Photoshop/Illustrator, Keynote, MS Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
About C Space
C Space is a customer agency. Our mission is to make business more human. We create rapid insight and business change by solving problems from the customer’s perspective. We keep our clients relevant by building real, ongoing relationships with customers that in turn help them deliver superior experiences, launch successful products and build loyalty.
Our customized approaches are tailored to specific business needs and include online insight communities, immersive storytelling, data and analytics, activation events, innovation projects and business consulting. We do this for 200+ of the world’s best-known brands – Bose, Walmart, Jaguar Land Rover, Mars, Samsung, IKEA and more – to create “Customer Inspired Growth”.
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We co-created a set of values to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
- I’ve got this: making things happen, doing what we say we will
- Only accept awesome: challenging ourselves to raise the bar, taking pride in the work we do
- Show the love: making space to celebrate success, thinking about how I show up and my impact on others
- Do what scares you: challenging ourselves, taking risks and learning more
- Tell it like it is: caring enough to provide great feedback, having the courage to speak up
- Open up and listen: listening first and fully before we respond or react
- Find what fascinates: embracing alternative perspectives and new ways of doing things
- We before me: acting in the best interests of my team and clients and recognizing that I need to take care of myself if I’m to do this effectively
- Leave your mark: creating lasting impact on our clients, the people we work with and our business
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive business and we welcome applications from people from varied backgrounds and walks of life – talented, creative people with their own voice, ideas and perspectives. So if you think you have the right skills and mindset for this position, whether through education, work or life experience, please apply.
Headquartered in Boston, C Space also has offices in London, New York and San Francisco. To learn more, visit www.cspace.com ( http://www.cspace.com/ ) or follow us on Twitter @CSpaceGlobal or Instagram @c_spaceglobal. C Space is a part of DDB, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
C Space is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at C Space without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please click here.
Director, Design Strategy & Experience – C Space – Boston, MA
C Space job in Boston, MA
You may also be interested in...