Paid Media Manager – LEWIS – Boston, MA
Lewis in Boston, MA
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty four years. We now rank among the top 40 agencies worldwide with 29 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets and services; making strategic acquisitions. Our people, agency and campaigns have not gone unnoticed. We have won many prestigious awards in the last 18 months including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. We can do this because we are independent and 100% employee-owned.
As we enter the next phase of growth, our challenge is not to lose any of our character and values. We will communicate a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We will continue to promote our entrepreneurialism, agility, creativity, credibility and professionalism. We will ensure that we inspire and help our clients to shape tomorrow. It’s an exciting future, and we believe we are at the start of something truly remarkable in our industry.
What we look for in our people
Agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. These are our values and what we look for in every person at LEWIS. As we evolve, grow and expand, we want people that recognize the need to think differently. To understand the full marketing communications mix, even if a specialist in a particular aspect. We want all our people, whether a paid media specialist or social media strategist, graphic designer or analytics manager to have an appreciation of the wide and deep capabilities available to clients that work with LEWIS. We want our people to be agile to opportunities; bold in their approach; collaborate with colleagues across different services or offices to deliver amazing work; keep learning and challenging the norm; be spirited and committed to develop themselves, their colleagues and the agency.
About this role
We wish to appoint a Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Media, based in Boston. This position is responsible for the implementation and management of client digital marketing strategies for Paid Search (PPC), Display Media and or Paid Social, as well as working with the Digital Marketing Director and broader Digital team on the development of Paid Media strategies and tactical plans the Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Media may work with teams and clients across the US, so some travel in the US region may be required.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow something, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing global organization.
Client-facing skills, technical knowledge and strong organizational ability are important in this role, as well as the ability to integrate across teams and practice areas.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Media will deliver best in class paid media programs to our clients, from audits and strategy development to execution and effective tracking and reporting. This individual participates in all aspects of executing high profile and complex clients’ search media campaigns, including planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, and reporting. The Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Media is often the lead day-to-day subject matter expert (SME) contact for their assigned clients, providing strategic recommendations, analysis, and reporting as well as responding to ad-hoc requests. The Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Media is a key resource for the Paid Media team and will have a chance to oversee more junior members in both training and oversight.
- Engages in and ensures a strategic relationship with the client, providing insight and partnership across all aspects of the marketing and communications spectrum, but specifically in Paid Media
- Responsible for ensuring excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements
- Delivers an added-value consultancy and works closely with clients to deliver campaigns, services and products across all communications channels
- Takes an active role in the new business process, key decisions and plays a crucial role in selling LEWIS credentials throughout the tender process
- Develops relevant audits and strategies for clients
- Develops scalable search campaign capabilities through keyword research, set KPIs, competitive benchmarking and reporting
- Manages daily execution of paid search campaigns
- Actively manages paid search campaigns to the clients’ weekly and monthly budget goals
- Creates client briefs and agency blogs recording any updates or changes to search engine algorithms
- Analyzes performance data and provides intelligent insights/ recommendations and appropriate action plans based on conclusions
- Oversees paid search reporting and analysis, as well as ongoing monitoring of client campaigns
- Develops innovative media strategies and tactics
- Develops search media plans (i.e. research, targeting, budget allocation, forecasting, network distribution) and build effective relationships with all vendors
- Keeps abreast of Paid Search and integrated marketing trends and best practices
- Works with Social Media, SEO and PR teams to integrate, optimize and cross-sell campaigns
- Plays an active role in new business pitches as deemed necessary
- Acts as a leader in guiding colleagues on how to best manage campaigns and projects
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development and appraisal processes
- Runs and supports training sessions, with a view to maximizing opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral program
You have experience working at a manager level or equivalent in a Paid Media department at a digital or PR agency, implementing and executing on all aspects of paid search / media. You are ever curious, passionate and constantly strive to produce exceptional work. You are driven to continue learning about your chosen field to enhance and expand the work that you can produce. Inherently collaborative, you engage your colleagues to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. High energy and dedicated, you are able to work to tight deadlines to get the work done. Experience of working in a fast-paced and changeable environment is essential.
- Significant experience in Digital Marketing, Paid Search, and Biddable Media
- Experience in building and managing day-to-day client relationships at all levels
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Google AdWords Certified
- Google Analytics Certified
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical mindset
- Familiarity with relevant tools (i.e. SEMRush, SpyFu, Google Media tools, DOMO, Tableau)) and Web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- SEO knowledge a plus
- Fluent English Speaker and writer
- Ability to learn quickly, and become skilled in industry-specific and agency-specific software
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience in Keynote a plus.
- Advanced HTML knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in analytics software: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Extensive knowledge of search engine reporting and research software
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
To apply for this job please click here.
Paid Media Manager – LEWIS – Boston, MA
Lewis job in Boston, MA
You may also be interested in...