Senior User Experience Designer / Digital Connected Health – ZS Associates – Princeton, NJ
ZS Associates in Princeton, NJ
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
Within ZS’s Business Technology group, the User Experience Expertise Center (UXEC) works with clients to innovate in the digitally enabled, patient-centric healthcare ecosystem leveraging software & devices that link patients with payers, providers, and each other. The User Experience (UX) team, specifically, spearheads a variety of user experience engagements from large scale business transformation and customer experience initiatives to interactive dashboards, web portals, and applications for mobile and desktop.
SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
ZS seeks a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Princeton office. As a Senior User Experience Designer in the User Experience Consulting Team, you know precisely what it means to create effective, efficient and innovative technology products and services. Teams and clients will look to you to leverage design expertise, usability best practices and knowledge about users’ behavior to enable people to successfully achieve quantified objectives effectively and efficiently, across a range of digital and healthcare solutions for mobile and Web. If you have strong visual design skills and a solid command of usability interaction principles for mobile and desktop consumer applications and have previous experience working in a human-centered design process, we’d certainly like to meet you!
Your skills will enable us to provide UX design and strategy services to our clients, stakeholders and internal teams. We expect experience in a wide range of UX design methods and approaches.
Participate in a user-centered, collaborative design process
- Collaborate with other members of the UX Team and other cross-disciplinary teams throughout all stages of the user-centered design process
- Socialize and implement best practices for user experience design, leveraging industry standards
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of business goals while striving for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience
Create best-in-class UX Design
- Demonstrate an ability to clearly understand an end user’s perspective from user research findings and tie the findings to business goals to provide design recommendations accordingly
- Create navigation and user interfaces with sitemaps, paper prototypes or wireframes, screen mock ups, behavioral specifications, style guidelines, icons, information graphics to explain user research insights and deliver other design artifacts as needed
- Ensure all UI definition and development is consistent with usability standards and best practices
- Strive for optimal usability and user engagement while navigating the reality of technical limitations
Contribute to development and dissemination of UX expertise inside ZS
- Teach and mentor junior team members about UX design best practices and industry standards
- Contribute to a design thinking culture within and beyond the Digital & Connected Health, Business Technology & Software Development practice area at ZS
ZS welcomes candidates who hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a visual design field, including graphic design, interaction design, illustration, industrial design or comparable design discipline, and have a foundational understanding of usability design best practices; additional degrees or certifications in human-computer interaction, information science, Human Factors (CUA™) or related field, or equivalent work experience is preferred.
We are looking for individuals with 5-7 years of experience in the field of User Experience, with a focus on designing and delivering business or enterprise applications that are complex, high-volume, and high profile, including portals, business applications, mobile apps, interactive dashboards, data visualization and information design.
The most critical qualifications for us include:
Business Knowledge and Acumen
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex healthcare needs and business processes, and how they manifest in consumer grade and enterprise applications for patients, care providers and healthcare ecosystem stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical teams to produce feasible solutions in support of Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and Analytics teams;
- A developed business acumen and the ability to quickly understand varying business needs holistically;
- Ability to proactively identify and address issues independently, and display ownership of and responsibility for work;
- Previous experience working in behavioral medicine, health care and knowledge of pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- A strong portfolio featuring design work for consumer grade solutions, that showcases information architecture, interaction design, information design, visual design and mobile design skills and how the designs lead to positive business outcomes;
- Expertise using design tools like Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Illustrator), Axure, etc.; •
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail and the ability to grasp complex, nuanced product requirements;
- Exposure to basic user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting and/or related techniques.
- Ability to collaborate with user researchers, and incorporate insights from user research into the user interface design process;
- Experience designing for mobile applications with a focus on delivering engaging user experiences;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including UX, business (eg. Marketing, Sales), product management and technology/IT/engineering);
Client Management and Communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate and document design decisions with stakeholders and development teams, and keep UX and Project Team leads up-to-date;
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to contribute to design discussions that help to obtain consensus on project requirements through deliverables that adhere to usability best practices and fulfill business needs;
- Ability to participate in a team environment where individuals can communicate and contribute freely.
- Listens carefully to client and team requests, asks questions that drive discussions forward and addresses open issues and inquiries in written and oral dialogue to advance projects;
- Ability to communicate complex information in a meaningful way that is easy to understand.
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following personal skills
- Results-driven and confident. The individual thrives on hard work and consistent challenges;
- Can work independently and prioritize time.
- Team oriented. Can collaborate with team members and stakeholders across disciplines and within UX
- Has the ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously, in a collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate design decisions and open issues in a clear manner
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, and collaborate with, senior UX designers, researchers and project teams
- Candidates should have the ability to travel to client locations (25%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS’s accolades.
To apply for this job please click here.
Senior User Experience Designer / Digital Connected Health – ZS Associates – Princeton, NJ
ZS Associates job in Princeton, NJ
You may also be interested in...