Sr. Creative Designer – Adworkshop – Lake Placid, NY
Adworkshop in Lake Placid, NY
Adworkshop is an integrated marketing agency providing strategic consulting and creative marketing solutions that help clients solve their evolving business challenges. Rooted in destination marketing from the 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Adworkshop has grown into an agency of 30+ talented employees whose expertise across marketing disciplines leads to innovative strategies and measurable results for destinations marketing organizations, tourism businesses, active outdoor companies, educational institutions, healthcare companies, economic development agencies, and other businesses.
Adworkshop is headquartered in Lake Placid NY, with a satellite office in Saratoga Springs, NY. Adworkshop has won multiple national, state and regional honors for its websites, creative, and strategic marketing solutions.
The Sr. Creative Designer will push creative boundaries, think outside (forget about the box), provide project creative direction and produce award-winning work. This role is hands-on, brain-engaged and provides graphic design on many agency accounts and across multiple projects, all requiring an acute attention to detail. To win, this Sr. Creative Designer will need a sharp eye, thorough understanding of current design trends, typography, color theory, composition and lay-out; and repeatedly apply them all to projects across mediums.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Solve complex design problems within compelling branded multi-media environments and create memorable experiences for our clients and their audiences
- Translate business requirements into elegant, innovative and intuitive design solutions, balancing user needs with business goals and technological constraints creating audience-centric, strategic brand experiences across mediums
- Create detailed, organized, and easy to understand documentation to communicate the design process and outcomes: concept models, use cases, personas, site maps, user/task flows, wireframes, and functional specifications, etc.
- Leverage web analytics data to inform and defend web page design decisions
- Lead the design of large-scale content-rich sites (front-end & graphics), complex workflows and framework-level interactions
- Translate wireframes into user-friendly design comps and turn designs into functional prototypes in HTML SCSS
- Lead other creative team members to conceive, explore, refine, and implement design across all communications and advertising mediums
- Stay ahead of design and communication trends and communicate new and changing directions back to the agency
- Receive client feedback, manage expectations and lead/execute changes as required to improve the outcome or nurture the client relationship
- Support the Client Engagement Team with content for creative and new business pitches
- Re-establish and champion a business system/process for the lifecycle use and maintenance of digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc.,
- A portfolio that will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem-solving and technical mastery in digital and print – required
- A degree with an emphasis in Design or a related field – required
- Demonstrate a passion for creativity and a track record of design and delivery of memorable experiences – required
- Proven graphic design agency success, in-house team success or related client experience – including pre-press, web optimization and file maintenance – required
- A history of versatility in a multi-project, deadline driven and time sensitive environment – required
- Demonstrated success working in Adobe Creative Suite (ID/PS/IL) – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Drupal – required
- Demonstrated proficiency with typography – required
- A history of success designing with responsive HTML5, SCSS and JQuery – required
- Demonstrated history leading UI/UX design from wireframe, to prototype, to delivery – required
- A history of listening to the client, understanding the consumer and returning concepts that deliver on explicit and latent needs – required
- Track record of balancing influence with collaboration – required
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and a desire to lead while exemplifying excellence – required
- History of hand-code clean, semantic HTML and experience within the Drupal CMS – desired
- Live It – What we do today matters most – Shine!
- Own It – Understand expectations, set up for success, give it your best effort and be accountable to the team – Win!
- Send It – Be hungry. Always look ahead. Don’t be afraid to fail. Win with pride.
- Appreciate It – Respecting the individual contributions of the team. Understanding the client. Rewarding open-mindedness.
- Be a part of an employee-owned company located in the Heart of the Adirondack mountains
- Competitive based salary & Incentive Compensation Structure
- Comprehensive medical, dental & life insurance plan
- Paid vacation, sick & personal days
- Paid holidays
- Ability & willingness to travel
- Intellectually intense, fasted paced and often changing environment
- Work is performed in an interior office or mobile work environment
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time while interfacing with a telephone and computer
- Requires employees have no restrictions operating a motor vehicle
- Requires employees have no restrictions on domestic or international travel
- This role requires limited physical effort and has limited exposure to physical risk
To apply for this job please click here.
Sr. Creative Designer – Adworkshop – Lake Placid, NY
Adworkshop job in Lake Placid, NY
You may also be interested in...