Lead UX/UI Designer (Full-time) – Somnio – Austin, TX
Somnio in Austin, TX
Somnio is Austin’s premier B2B digital marketing agency, providing a full range of services from global campaign strategy, social media, video production, content marketing to advanced portal and website design. Our clients include industry-leading tech sector companies such as IBM, HP, Dell, Thermo Fisher, and more.
Our Fortune 1000 clients see us as experts in digital B2B marketing and depend on us for thought leadership and creative solutions. At Somnio, our success is a result of our dedication to being strategically sound and revolutionarily creative.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a creative and talented Lead UX/UI Designer who is looking to use a blend of their skills in product management and UX/UI design. You will be in charge of innovating Somnio’s creative strategy and interactive offerings for our Fortune 1000 enterprise clients. Key to this role is having strong and systematic work ethic, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn while evolving your skill set. This role will require you to interface with clients, work hands-on alongside your UX team and create a wide variety of UX artifacts, presentations, findings documents, and final designs. The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in user interface design, visual design, creative strategy and experience working in agile/scrum environments.
- Perform UX design including research, use cases, rapid wireframing / prototypes to communicate and validate product design decisions
- Design delightful user experiences for the web: wire-frames, site maps, flow diagrams, content schema, mock-ups, usability testing, and specifications documents
- Help develop information architecture, set tone of voice and messaging strategy, review and edit content to ensure set tone of voice and messaging strategy, review and edit content to ensure it aligns to overarching strategy
- Plan/facilitate design workshops, work with research and UX teams to architect experience strategies that solve for user needs and business outcomes, present findings to clients
- Write requirements and direct Designers on how to implement them
- Interview customers and internal stakeholders to understand requirements
- Interact with clients, collaborating on ideas, and accepting then implementing creative feedback
- Take ownership of various Somnio client brands, establishing rapport and responsibility regarding client branding and style-guides, etc.
- Produce thoughtful and innovative work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Gain an in-depth understand of agency process and champion its merit
- Determine the demand for features, capabilities, and use cases
- Define the product strategy and manage the roadmap
- Present and advocate for the final deliverables to clients, work with research teams to collect and review performance data, strategize design improvements
- Lead cross functional teams (customers, engineers, designers) to deliver on the product mission
- Develop, iterate and take ownership of all product needs, workflow improvements and site issues
- Work closely with designers, UX and developers to deliver on the vision
- Engage with clients and potential clients to develop new solutions to unique business challenges
- Run daily scrums and manage regular sprints to drive high throughput and quality
- Prioritize features and tasks based on business case and user demand
- Manage documentation and backlog in Jira
- Document new features for support, success and user groups.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- At least 5+ years of professional UX/UI design experience
- Must have solid production skills with Adobe Creative Suite and like products to provide clean, organized diagrams and illustrations to help communicate ideas clearly
- Have an UX/UI-focused portfolio
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technology
- Meticulous attention to design details, composition, and concept development
- Must have experience working with clients and developers and leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in art or design preferred
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML and development, including CMS and mobile responsive design
- Knowledge of the Agile development process and SCRUM principles
- Use JIRA workflow to track and complete design tasks
- Creative problem-solver and out-of-the-box thinker
- Have solid time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly and flexible
- Excellent written, oral and inter-personal communication skills with clients and project managers
- Ability to give and take constructive criticism and art direction with a respectful, patient style
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Gain experience with some of the largest brands in the world
- Modern, comfortable and open work space for team collaboration
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Ping-Pong table, darts, and company events
- On-site gym for health and fitness
- Employee development opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Fun, fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Covered parking
- Beautiful hill country location
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 100% coverage for medical, life, and dental benefits
- 401K program
- Vacation package
OUR CORE VALUES
- We aim to delight.
- We are intelligence-driven.
- We are fearless.
- We chart our own course.
- We keep it real.
- We love doing great work.
To apply for this job please click here.
Lead UX/UI Designer (Full-time) – Somnio – Austin, TX
Somnio job in Austin, TX
You may also be interested in...